Adding a Wacom pen display or signature tablet to your EMR system provides your patients with an easy, natural, and familiar way to interact with the computer.
Benefits of an Electronic Medical Record system
- Improve efficiency of patient registration, charting, and events monitoring for patient care.
- Enhance compliance capabilities through the elimination of paper workflows and related risks in dealing with sensitive patient information.
- Reduce costs and risks associated with paper including printing, scanning, transporting, filing, storing, and shredding.
- Increase adoption of electronic systems through the use of Wacom pen input that is an intuitive and familiar form factor for signing, annotating and writing, as opposed to a computer mouse
- Ease the transition to an EMR system for healthcare providers and patients alike by adding Wacom pen displays and signature tablets which mimic paper-based processes.
Healthcare providers and pharmacies save processing time to better serve their customers by providing electronic forms and signature capture solutions that interface directly into their EMR/EHR system and insurance provider networks. Epic Imaging in Portland Oregon utilizes Wacom interactive pen displays for patient registration and Wacom signature tablets for authorizing insurance claims onsite. MedInformatix provides the electronic medical record software that supports Wacom signature tablets and interfaces with the insurance claims centers.
One of largest hospital networks has installed thousands of Wacom interactive pen displays to improve the efficiency of the patient registration process. All patients, regardless of their technical abilities, are comfortable with walking up to a Wacom pen display to read the admissions and consent forms in their entirety on screen and then proceed to either complete the forms with the pen or sign directly on the screen. The information technology and services department of the hospital network has observed significant improvements in the patient registration process which has also reduced patient waiting time.
Recommended Wacom products
A 16” widescreen interactive pen display that is ideal for displaying entire pages of electronic documents, such as patient records and charts. The pen can be used anywhere on the screen to fill in electronic forms, annotate diagrams and sign the document electronically as if it were paper. This pen display can be used in landscape or portrait orientation with the included adjustable stand or it can be mounted securely on an LCD arm and attached to the counter.
Well suited for use in an EMR environment due to its generous screen area for capturing the longest signature as well as to display important text information and soft keys for scrolling or to go to the next page. The LCD screen is transreflective so it displays a high contrast image in varying ambient lighting conditions such as a hospital with ample windows and natural light.
An excellent choice for registration desks due to its high resolution color LCD screen which can be programmed to display important text and colorful soft keys that are easy to read.
An excellent choice for adding pen input for your signature software that runs on your iPad or Android slate. Available in your choice of colors.
Recommended EMR Software