Wacom interactive pen displays and tablets help remote students participate in class discussions, engage with their instructors, and feel included and connected.
Whether it is a class environment or a tutoring session, distance or remote learning is a good way to take advantage of scarce teaching resources or bridge the miles between teachers and students. However, remote students can feel removed and isolated, missing the richness that comes with human interaction and discussion. How do you make sure that all students are included, engaged and participating?
Our interactive products let you create spontaneously. It is like having a whiteboard right on your desk. Mark up and annotate digital content as you teach and share it in real-time with remote students. Incorporate their questions and input directly into the lesson, making them feel like they are right there. If students have a Wacom tablet connected to their computer, they can participate directly on a shared digital whiteboard.
Wacom’s family of interactive pen displays lets you visually communicate with your students. You write or draw directly on-screen, on top of whatever you are viewing on the display but with all the ease of writing on paper.
You have all the interactivity that an interactive whiteboard offers, but you can control and create everything from your desk. You work directly on the pen display’s screen, adding handwritten notes, comments and diagrams.
- Working on the tablet is natural. It mimics communicating ideas by sketching on paper or on a whiteboard or blackboard.
- The pen display offers a generous surface to share ideas and concepts, but easily fits on a desk and is comfortable to use.
- The pen provides the ability to freely express ideas visually as well as verbally. Solve math, physics, and chemistry equations step by step, enabling improved student comprehension.
- Working through equations and graphing them is much easier with a pen than with a mouse and keyboard.
- Even when starting with prepared material, additional information can be added spontaneously to accommodate the free flow of ideas that occur when presenting.
- Wacom's interactive pen displays are software-neutral. They can be used with any of your favorite software applications.
Bamboo tablets enable remote students participating in small groups or 1:1 learning situations to engage with their instructors. With a Bamboo tablet connected to their PC and a shared whiteboard environment or digital workspace, students can demonstrate their knowledge or help lead the discussion with handwritten solutions, diagrams and comments.
- Working on the tablet enables the communication of ideas by writing and drawing.
- Remote students involved in remote learning and tutoring sessions can use Bamboo tablets to provide input and show their work directly from their PC. They remain engaged and have opportunities to demonstrate their mastery of the material.
- Bamboo tablets allow the discussions to be a collaborative effort rather than a single-direction presentation.
- Using Bamboo tablets, students can complete and submit homework digitally. This is especially effective for subjects like math, science or foreign languages.
If students participate in remote classes or tutoring sessions with slate devices like the iPad and various Android devices, the Bamboo Stylus products give them the ability to interact with their instructor on a shared whiteboard. It provides similar benefits to working with the Bamboo tablet connected to a PC, but in this case you use the Bamboo Stylus to write and draw directly on the surface of the slate device.
- Better control and precision for activities like writing, drawing, and note-taking.
- More closely mimics writing with a pen or pencil for those students who are just learning to write.
- Greater comfort when using your slate for extended periods of time.
- Works on the iPad and other devices with capacitive touchscreens.