Art and Design Students
Wacom Intuos pen tablets and Cintiq interactive pen displays are the standards for both students and creative professionals. Learning how to use these powerful tools in school will help you produce a higher quality portfolio and give you the real-world skills needed to land your first internship or job. Wacom products can help you implement your own unique creative vision and complete your assignments quickly and professionally.
- Learn to use the tools that employers will expect you to use.
- Realize your full creative potential.
- Work faster and more efficiently in a completely digital environment.
- Achieve fluid, natural control for creative tasks.
- Wacom professional products replicate the natural feel and accuracy of working with traditional brushes, pens and markers in the digital world.
- Complete assignments faster with advanced productivity features.
- Free bundled software included with Cintiq and Intuos, along with discounted software privileges to help you get started and learn the skills you need.
- Digitized environment reduces paper, scanning, tracing and clean-up.
- The Intuos5 combines Wacom’s finest pen tablet experience with multi-touch input in a single device, giving you a natural, intuitive workflow by alternating between the use of multi-finger touch to position and navigate your artwork and the pressure sensitive pen to precisely sketch, paint, retouch and edit your creative work.
- The Cintiq 24HD combines Wacom’s highest performance pen technology with a large-format, 24” widescreen display so that you can work directly on-screen in the most natural way possible. With an adjustable screen, the angle and height of the Cintiq 24HD display quickly and effortlessly adjusts to your favorite work position.
- The Cintiq 24HD Touch offers creative professionals the most natural and complete tool for design, video, art and animation. The integration of multi-touch capabilities directly on the Cintiq screen, along with Wacom's most advanced pen technology, give you a truly "hands-on" creative experience as you work digitally.
- The Cintiq 22HD combines a 21.5" HD, wide-format LCD with industry-leading pen input capabilities, all in a traditional desktop display. Photographers, designers, artists and other creative professionals can work naturally and intuitively directly on the surface of the display, while enjoying all the creative and efficiency gains that make Cintiq the first choice among professionals.
- The Cintiq 12WX helps you to work naturally and intuitively while working directly on the surface of the large-format 12.1" screen. Thin and light, the new Cintiq 12WX provides the flexibility to work onscreen the way you want. Easily rotate the 12.1" TFT display when working flat on your desktop to find the right position for your hand or stand the Cintiq 12WX upright on your desktop and adjust the integrated stand to a comfortable angle. With a flexible 6.5' foot cord, you can even use it on your lap.
- The Inkling digital sketch pen captures a digital likeness of your work while you sketch with its ballpoint tip on any sketchbook or standard piece of paper. Designed for rough concepting and creative brainstorming, Inkling is ideal for the front end of the creative process. Later, refine your work on your computer using an Intuos4 Pen Tablet or Cintiq Interactive Pen Display.
Wacom Products in the Professional World
Read the following stories to find out more about how Wacom products are used by creative professionals:
The product line at Oakley combines daring patterns with unique form factors. Colors, whether they're splashy or muted, are custom hues you won't find at the local paint center. As a designer at Oakley, it's Adam Smythe's job to bring all these elements together. It's a demanding and varied position. One day he's designing graphics and concept artwork for snow goggles, or digitally recreating an oil painting so that parts of it can be applied to sunglass frames, and the next day, he is developing paints and coatings for rapid prototypes. Unique products like these require equally innovative tools, and Smythe's principal creative tool is Wacom's Cintiq 21UX interactive pen display. Learn More
Animators at Cartoon Network feel like they are working with traditional media when working with a Wacom interactive pen display. Working directly on screen with the Cintiq offers the animation staff ways to explore and experiment which ultimately helps build job satisfaction and speeds the collaborative and creative process. Not that long ago, animators sketched their creations on paper and then ran to the copy machine to scale things up or down. Fixes, revisions, or creating alternate versions were time-consuming chores. Everyone at the studio has become "Cintiq-centric," Gonella says, and the Cintiq is being integrated into all aspects of preproduction. Learn More
As the birthplace of the massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) phenomena, EverQuest® and PlanetSide®, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has becaome the leader in immersive entertainment, technology applications and talent. To create the game's intricate characters, environments and objects, SOE artists turned to the Wacom Cintiq interactive pen display—giving them a much faster digital workflow with a natural drawing feel. Learn More
Nestled in a fifth-floor suite of a historic building in downtown Portland, Oregon, is Periscope Studio, a freelance collective of 24 of the world’s top comic artists. The camaraderie at Periscope gives the comic artists ample opportunity to exchange ideas and technical tips while enjoying the camaraderie. Like most artists, Steve Lieber, one of Periscope's founders began with pen and paper. Now, drawing directly on the Cintiq's 21" screen with the pressure-sensitive pen, he has the best of both traditional and modern approaches, with a digital workflow that enables him to be much more productive. Steve Lieber uses a Wacom Cintiq 21UX display and he says, "has saved me time and time again." Learn More