August 17, 2023 (Tokyo, Japan) – Wacom Co, Ltd., announced that its unique digital pen technology has been adopted by Samsung Electronics’ Galaxy Z Fold5, which offers a truly unique foldable experience, and the Galaxy Tab S9 series, allowing users plentiful possibilities to freely capture and express their ideas, just like you do with a pen and paper.
With the fastest processor ever in the series and an immersive 7.6-inch main display, the Galaxy Z Fold5 is a true multitasking and productivity powerhouse. Tapping into its Flex Mode, the Galaxy Z Fold5 allows users to take a video call while taking notes simultaneously. The foldable screen can be adjusted to open and close as you like. The Galaxy Z Fold5 can also be a great canvas for writing and drawing on the go, thanks to the new slimmer(1) and compact S Pen Fold Edition(2) powered by Wacom’s EMR technology. With the slimmer case, you can always carry the S Pen with the phone for note taking or signing documents with just a few taps.
(1) S Pen Fold Edition for Galaxy Z Fold5 measures 4.35mm, compared to 7.4mm for Galaxy Z Fold4.
(2) S Pen Fold Edition sold separately. Slim S Pen Case (S Pen Fold Edition included) sold separately. S Pen Fold Edition is only compatible with Galaxy Z Fold5, Galaxy Z Fold4 and Galaxy Z Fold3. All other S Pens or stylus pens are not designed for Z Fold5 (including those by other manufacturers) and may damage the screen. Z Fold5 does not have a built in slot for the S Pen. S Pen support is limited to the main screen.
The Galaxy Tab S9 series is great at embracing the freedom of bringing ideas to life thanks to its Dynamic AMOLED 2X displays, ideal for epic viewing and entertainment experiences. Along with the S Pen for a pen-on-paper-like experience, the potential for users to freely capture and express their ideas unfolds. The S Pen can also write in search bars, browsers and app stores, and the new bidirectional charging ensures it gets power no matter which way it faces in its cradle. Users can upgrade to the S Pen Creator Edition(3), with textured material for a comfortable grip and a wider tilt angle that makes creating even more intuitive.
Designed to inspire spontaneous productivity, as well as enhance creativity, the Galaxy Tab S9 series
is a powerhouse for creative portfolios with new and enhanced apps for every personal passion. GoodNotes (4) offers a new note-taking and journaling experience on Android for the first time, launching exclusively for Galaxy tablet users. Clip Studio Paint(5) has also been transformed into a streamlined tablet interface for drawing, painting and more.
(3) S Pen Creator Edition is sold separately. Availability and timing may vary by market..
(4) GoodNotes app requires separate download and comes with a 1-year free full version. Once the free full version period ends, an additional purchase is required for continuous use. The terms of service may vary by country and region.
(5) Clip Studio Paint app comes pre-installed in select markets. Clip Studio Paint app can be downloaded from the Galaxy Store and comes with a free 6-month trial for first-time users. Once the free trial period ends, a paid subscription to a monthly usage plan is required for continuous use. Terms of service may vary by country and region.
The Galaxy Z Fold5 and Galaxy Tab S9 series are available for pre-order in select markets from July 26, with general availability starting August 11.
Wacom is committed to supplying attractive digital pen solutions to customers in collaboration with our ecosystem partners.
Wacom is a technology leadership company providing a unique and innovative digital pen experience—writing and drawing—to its customers. Our products and technologies are widely used, and found throughout various aspects of people’s lives, from creative studios and movie production, to industrial designers, manga artists and hobbyists—ranging from beginners to professionals alike. When shopping, you may find yourself signing on a Wacom device to make a payment with your credit card. Wacom also extends its reach to schools and classrooms, where handwriting is inseparable from learning, as well as in hospitals and clinics, offering electronic charts that can generate reports and track patient data. Many pen-equipped PCs, tablet devices, and smartphones for personal or business use are powered by Wacom’s digital pen solutions. Wacom will strive to deliver new digital pen experience in collaboration with leading technology partners.
For more information, please contact:
Corporate Communications, Wacom Co., Ltd