Wacom may, at its own discretion and at any time, change, postpone or cancel the whole or part of the Event and/or its contents. Wacom may modify the Event Terms at any time, If Wacom makes a material change to the Event Terms, Wacom will notify you in the same manner as described in the Terms. The Event is held either (1) online, (2) at venue(s) (as indicated in the Event Specific Notes below if applicable, “Event Venue(s)”) or (3) both. In the case where the Event is held at the Event Venue(s), Wacom will notify those who are eligible to participate in the Event at the relevant Event Venue ("Venue Attendees") by email and/or on Wacom website. Further, Wacom does not guarantee that the Event will be held at the Venue(s) and has its own discretion to decide whether or not the Event will be held at the Event Venue(s).
You can register the Event either with or without Wacom ID. If Wacom requires Wacom ID for a particular Event, it is notified in the Event Specific Notes for that Event. The Terms and the Event Terms are effective upon your access to Wacom’s registration page. Any age restriction for participation in a particular Event will be indicated in the Event Specific Notes for that Event.
1.1 To access and participate in the Event, you must register by filling in a registration form prescribed by Wacom on Wacom’s web page for the Event. You may only register once for each Event.
1.3 Wacom is entitled, but not contractually obliged towards you, to check the personal data provided by you and/or the content posted or transmitted by you for correctness, completeness, legality and freedom from viruses.
2. Deregistration, Etc.
You can deregister from the Event at any time. If you would like to withdraw from the Event and to deregister, please contact at email@example.com or any other contact (if any) indicated in the Event Specific Notes.
Those who have opted-in for marketing e-mail communications will receive Wacom Creative Newsletters including creative news, product updates, promotions, and news from Wacom even after the deregistration. You can opt-out of marketing e-mail communication by clicking on the opt-out link at the footer of any e-mail, any time you wish.
After confirmation of the deregistration from the Event by Wacom, you no longer have access to the Event and your data provided at the registration will be forthwith deleted. Wacom is entitled but not obliged to delete the User Content (but will try to delete to the extent possible) provided by you for the Event. The usage and exploitation rights for Wacom described in these Event Terms below continue to exist. All rights granted to you automatically cease to apply upon deregistration.
Wacom reserves the right in their sole reasonable discretion to: (i) deregister you and (ii) delete any of your account, for any or no reason, without notice, and without liability or payment obligation to you or anyone else.
Registration and participation in the Event are free of charge for you, unless otherwise provided in the Event Specific Notes of the relevant Event. You must prepare connection to the internet, the establishment of communication links, the necessary hardware and software and the posted content at your own expense.
4. Event Communications
When you have registered, you receive the following communications:
- Registration confirmation e-mail
- Event reminder e-mail
- Communication for any schedule or changes of the Event
- Follow up email(s) after the Event, which may include thank-you emails, inquiry for any feedback on the Event, provision of the links to Event recordings and inquiry for your preference regarding receipt of Wacom marketing emails
- For those who have consented, marketing and promotional emails from Wacom and/or partners of the Event.
5 Your Obligations to Participate in The Event
5.1 In connection with your participation in the Event (whether (1) online, (2) at the Event Venue(s) or (3) both), you agree to the following. If you do not agree, you will not be allowed to participate in the Event.
- Ensure information provided to Wacom for participation in the Event ("Registration Information") to be accurate, current and complete, and keep the Registration Information up to date;
- Ensure the Registration Information is personal to you and do not assign, rent, sell, resell, sublicense, distribute, or otherwise transfer the eligibility for participation (including that for the Event at the Event Venue(s)) to a third party;
- Do not use other participant's Registration Information and do not allow a third party to use your Registration Information (including the password) or do not make your Registration Information (including the password) accessible to third parties;
- Keep the Registration Information (including the password) secure and confidential;
- Immediately notify Wacom if you have reasonable grounds to suspect that the Registration Information (including the password) has been disclosed to or obtained by a third party;
- Prepare and maintain the device and network environment necessary to participate in the Event at your own expense and responsibility;
- Take self-responsibility for any trouble with other participants and acknowledge that Wacom should not take any responsibility;
- Do not record or disclose the contents of the Event by audio recording, visual recording, screen shot, etc. or post them on website, SNS, etc.);
- Follow the precautions that Wacom notifies by e-mail, etc. regarding the Event; and
- Do not take any other acts that Wacom considers inappropriate in light of the purpose of hosting the Event.
5.2 Wacom plans to hold the Event on such platforms as Zoom meeting, webinar and on YouTube, stream the contents of the Event and audio record, shoot and visual record them on such platforms as Zoom and YouTube, post and distribute them on Wacom’ s website, YouTube channel and SNS, and use and publicize them in various media for advertisement and promotion activities. If Wacom plans to use such platforms other than Zoom and YouTube for streaming, posting and distributing, Wacom will notify in the Event Specific Notes for a particular Event. You will participate with full knowledge that you may appear in the streaming, post, distribution, etc. and you will not claim any compensation or objection against it.
5.3 Wacom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, reject, limit or block access to all or any part of the Event at any time, with or without notice to you and without liability to you. You should fully understand that Wacom may exercise the above right if you violate your obligations under the Terms, or the Event Terms.
6 Your Obligations to Participate in The Event (For Venue Attendees)
6.1 If you are the Venue Attendees, in connection with the Event at the Event Venue you additionally agree to the following. If you do not agree, you will not be allowed to participate in the Event at the Event Venue.
- Do not come to the Event Venue if you have symptoms of fever or cough or you are not feeling well on the day of the Event, or if you are suspected of having had contact with a person who has these symptoms within 2 weeks from the day of the Event;
- Do not engage in any act that disturbs other employees of Wacom and participating companies of the Event and other Venue Attendees or that obstructs the Event;
- Follow the instructions of the staff of the Event at the Event Venue;
- Do not sell or buy or solicit to sell or buy goods, give or receive money or goods, lend or borrow money or goods, or engage in other business activities at the Event Venue;
- Take self-responsibility for theft, damage or contamination of personal items and accidents at the Event Venue;
- Take self-responsibility for any trouble with other Event Attendees, and acknowledge that Wacom should not take any responsibility;
- Do not audio record, shoot or visual record the content of the Event and do not disclose or publicize it or post it on website, SNS, etc.;
- Do not smoke (including electronic cigarettes) or drink alcohol at the Event Venue;
- Do not bring hazardous materials into the Event Venue;
- Do not enter any place other than those permitted in the Event Venue;
- Bear any and full transportation fee to the Event Venue, and acknowledge that Wacom will not compensate at all even if the Event is cancelled, postponed or changed; and
- Do not take any other acts that Wacom considers inappropriate in light of the purpose of hosting the Event.
6.2 At the Event Venue, Wacom or those designated by Wacom plan to audio record, shoot and visual record the Event, stream it on such platforms as Zoom and YouTube as one of the contents of the Event , post and distribute it on Wacom’s website, YouTube channel and SNS and use and publish it on various media for advertisement and promotion activities. If Wacom plans to use such platforms other than Zoom and YouTube for streaming, posting and distributing, Wacom will notify in the Event Specific Notes for a particular Event. Venue Attendees will participate with full knowledge that you may appear in these activities and will not claim any compensation or objections against it.
6.4. Wacom reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict or refuse the entrance to the Event Venue or let you leave the Event Venue at any time, with or without notice to you. You should fully understand that Wacom may exercise the above right if you violate your obligations under the Terms and the Event Terms or due to other reasons which Wacom considers reasonable.
7. Your Contents
Any ideas, comments, information, pictures, movies, texts, letters, portfolios and artworks etc. posted, transmitted or made available by you during participation in the Event are considered the User Contents as defined under the Terms. You retain ownership of any User Content and hereby grant to Wacom, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, and sublicensable license and authority to use, copy modify, post, transmit, download, store, distribute, incorporate and otherwise exploit the User Contents for the Event, for improvement of Wacom products and Wacom Services or for creation of advertorial and promotional materials of Wacom, in addition to the purposes provided elsewhere under the Terms and the Event Terms. This includes in particular the right to edit the User Contents (e.g. to shorten, compress, transfer it to other formats, combine it with other content), to reproduce them or transfer them to third parties without having to name you as the author. These rights of use of the User Contents by Wacom shall remain in force even after deregistration or after the Event.
It is your responsibility to ensure that there are no intellectual rights or personality rights of third parties included in the User Contents or otherwise it is your responsibility to ensure that you have received a proper consent of the person who can assert such rights in the User Contents. It is also your responsibility to obtain any proper consent regarding personal information from the data subject appearing in the User Contents.
You also hereby irrevocably and forever waive and agree not to assert any moral rights which you may have in any User Contents (including, without limitation, any right of paternity or integrity, any right to claim authorship of such User Contents, any right to object to any distortion, mutilation or modification of such User Contents or any similar right, whether existing under any applicable law).
Wacom accepts no responsibility for accuracy, truthfulness, effectiveness, completeness, topicality or suitability of any User Contents for the Event. In no event is Wacom liable for any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or costs incurred by you arising out of or relating to usage of the User Contents provided or posted by other participants in the Event.
8. Wacom Contents
Any ideas, comments, information (including pre-release product and/or software information), pictures, movies, texts, etc. posted by Wacom to the Event or otherwise you obtained from Wacom during the Event are considered Wacom Contents as defined under the Terms. Under the Event Terms Wacom grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to use such Wacom Contents for the Event only for a limited purpose of intended use for the relevant Event. All Wacom Contents that you receive via the Event may not be sold, rented out or otherwise made available to third parties by you. You are not allowed to reproduce, edit, distribute or exploit otherwise without Wacom’s written consent.
Event Specific Notes - Connected Ink 2021
The Connected Ink 2021 is scheduled to be held on November 16 and 17, 2021.
The Connect Ink 2021 is planned held (1) online and (2) at the four venues (Tokyo, Portland, Dusseldorf and Beijing).
Connected Ink 2021 is an open-ended hybrid global event for achieving breakthroughs in new human expressions, new styles of learning, and technology innovations, with “Creative Chaos” delivered from multi-dimensional aspects.
Wacom will decide whether or not to hold the Event at the Venue(s) at its own discretion, depending on the infection status of the COVID-19, etc. Wacom plans to decide whether or not to hold the Event at the Event Venue(s) by November 9th, 2021 and notify the Venue Attendees by e-mail; provided, however, that notwithstanding the foregoing, Wacom reserves the right to change the decision at any time.
In order to prevent infections of COVID-19, a temperature test etc. will be conducted at the reception of the Event Venue, and if you are suspected to be infected, you may be refused to enter the Event Venue. In addition, if an infection is confirmed at the Event Venue, Wacom may cooperate with relevant authorities such as health centers by, for example, providing your information to them.