The Cintiq Companion is like a Cintiq 13HD with multi-touch but with computing power and operating system (Windows 8) when disconnected from a PC or Mac. It can be used in two ways.
- Wacom Cintiq Companion has been developed to meet the needs of creative professional users. The industrial design has been optimized to support the workflow, the component selection to support powerful system performance and materials to meet high quality expectations.
- The whole product is custom-made for Wacom.
- In particular, the LCD screen and the pen performance require extensive modification in order to provide professional quality stylus performance.
- Larger screen size compared to most – 13.3”, with a resolution of 2560 x 1440. This makes drawing easier.
- Matte display surface with to support best drawing with authentic pen-on-paper feeling. Most tablets have a shiny surface which does not offer enough friction for comfortable drawing.
- Latest Intel® Core™ processor technology with premium components such as 512GB Solid State Drive. Thus the Cintiq Companion can run professional creative software such as Adobe® Photoshop® or Autodesk® Maya. Most tablets are much less powerful.
- Full professional stylus
- 2048 levels of pressure (versus 1028 on other tablets)
- Pen tilt: the stylus tilts like a real brush and the professional software will reflect the angle in the drawing.
- Rotation: the stylus can be rotated along the tablet axis and the professional software will adapt the brush stroke accordingly (Art Pen only, sold separately)
- Side switches for shortcuts
- Everything about the Pro Pen is designed for precision, control and comfort. The ergo flare keeps your fingers from sliding as you work; the materials are soft to the touch. Other tablets have a thin stylus which is only intended for pointing and selecting.
- A stable stand that can take the weight and pressure of a person drawing on the screen without the tablet bending or moving. The stand can be used in 3 different angles (as well as flat) for more comfortable drawing.
- Six ExpressKeys (buttons) are for shortcuts used with professional graphics software. You can customize them to fit your workflow. This is a unique feature which no other tablets offer.
- On-screen controls (soft keys). These are like ExpressKeys and can be used for program shortcuts in professional graphics software. Four banks of eight keys or sliders can be used at a time and are usually assigned to the four positions of the Rocker Ring. They can also be assigned to the ExpressKeys if preferred.
- Sturdy pen carrying case for the stylus and spare nibs
- Soft case with space for the stylus, cables and optional Wireless Bluetooth® keyboard (available through Wacom eStores).
- Outstanding pen performance and ergonomics with 2048 levels of pressure and tilt
- Cintiq® Connect technology that adapts easily to the work experience you want, where you need it. Use it as a powerful stand-alone Windows 8.1 tablet or attach it to a Mac or PC as a Cintiq display
- ExpressKeys and Rocker Ring for fast access to shortcut keys and frequently used functions
- On-screen controls to provide more access to shortcuts and other functions
- An excellent 13.3” screen, which is an optimal size for drawing while remaining portable
- A non-glossy surface for authentic pen-on-paper feeling
- Stable creative stand with a range of angles that can accommodate the pressure of drawing
- Support for both left- and right- handed use
- Industrial Design especially developed to meet customers’ needs and support their workflow
(support varies according to software application) all specifically address the needs of creative professionals. Cintiq Companion 2 has better connectivity (more USB 3.0 ports, integrated SDXC card reader and Cintiq Connect technology), six ExpressKeys and an improved creative stand.
Here is the message that we are required to use on our external materials:
The Cintiq Companion has been certified for Windows 8 as a Specialized PC (SPC). The SPC certification program allows for the certification of commercial devices designed with industry specific features that conflict with the standard Windows 8 certification requirements. As a result, certain features or functionality of Windows 8 may not work as expected. For complete details, including information about features which are not in compliance with the standard Windows 8 certification requirements go to email@example.com.
Hold your Cintiq Companion on both sides when connecting the cable. Make sure the identifying marks on the plug are pointing downwards. Plug it straight into the Cintiq and listen for a double click. If you don’t hear both clicks, re-attach the cable. Note that due to technical reasons, the plug for the Cintiq Companion and the Cintiq 13HD are inserted the opposite way around.
Yes, you just need to keep a microSD card inserted in your Cintiq Companion. This data storage will be seen by your desktop to transfer your files to your companion.
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select "Hardware and Sound"
- Select “Manage Audio Devices”
- Right click on "Cintiq Companion"
- Select "Disable"
- Select "Apply"
- Click "OK"
Press Start +X to open Window System Menu
Select Control Panel from System Menu
Select “Hardware and Sound”
Right Click on the “Cintiq Companion”
- Activate the “Charms” menu by swiping in from the right
- Touch “Change PC Settings”
- Touch “Activate Windows”
- Enter the Windows 8 Product Key found on the power adaptor
- Swipe from the right side of the screen to open the “Charms” menu
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Change PC Settings”
- Select “General”
- Locate “Adjust my screen settings automatically”
- Slide the slider under this option to “off”.
To prevent yourself from accidentally turning off the Cintiq Companion, adjust the settings for the power button:
- From the home screen, swipe upwards to reveal the “All apps” icon. Select this icon
- Find and activate the “Control Panel” icon under the “Windows System” group
- Assuming you are viewing the control panel in “Category” mode, select “Hardware and Sound"
- Select “Power Options”
- Scroll down to “Power Buttons and Lid” below the ConfigTDP and select “Power Button Action"
- Select “Do Nothing” for each of “On Battery” or “Plugged In”
- Save your settings and exit.
In the rare event that the Cintiq Companion crashes, you can reinstall Windows 8:
Step 1: Select “Settings”
Step 2: Select “Change PC settings”.
Step 3: Select whether you want to refresh or reset your Cintiq Companion.
And, if you want to boot into the recovery partition while booting up, please press “F9” (note: update to the latest BIOS to Cintiq Companion first) once you power on the system, Then you can see “Trouble shooting” option under system restoration.
Adobe® Photoshop® is either a registered trademark or trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Sketchbook Pro are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Wacom is under license. Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. NVIDIA and Tegra 4 are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the United States and other countries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.